Sew Crafy

Friday, June 17, 2011

CONGRATULATIONS – ALL DID A WONDERFUL JOB!!!


From Huckleberry Jackson:  "The whole contest was a very nice experience. It was very interesting to work with challenges and themes, and it pushed me into places I wouldn´t have come to without them. It was also very nice to be working on the same theme with a lot of different designers, and beeing able to see many different interpretations of them. For me, the hardest part was to concentrate just on one outfit, because I´m more used to make collections and see them as a whole. But concentrating on just one outfit pushed me to go more intensively into detailing.  I´ve been able to use that new skill already in my creations outside of the contest so I´m very glad, because I´m always looking to push my limits further and find new ways and techniques to interpretate fashions into the tiny scale.




I loved how different all the challenges were! My favorite challenge was the first one on ribbons, and i think the results of each contestant were amazing and the fact that everyone had to work with techniques that dont allow you to make sewing patterns brought out the most creativity and shapes that were really out of the box. The most difficult challenges were definitely roccoco and gothic because the themes themselves were so close to costume and historical costume that it was very hard interpreting them in a modern avantgard contemporary way.  I´m very very very glad I won the competition and I can´t wait to see my pictures in FDQ magazine!

I´d like to thank Larraine, the judges, guest judges and competitors for making this such a nice and challenging competition. And a big thank you to all the people who follow and have encouraged me since the beginning of my doll couture."                                       With love, Huck


Elena's personal comments will be added when received.


Like most people, I am not keen when something I REALLY enjoy comes to an end. However, I always take away something productive for having experienced it. While it is true this year’s CDDC was shorter, it’s definitely not true that it suffered one bit from this. I think it made the contestants aware that they only had a few chances to impress and win challenges so they worked harder to please.

And, oh what challenges we had – all designed to stimulate creativity!! Brought to us by Larraine Elcock and her fine team of both permanent and guest judges, they were definitely tasks to be reckoned with. With considerable hard work a large percentage of the talented group of designer/contestants went the whole course! What perseverance it takes to do this is immeasurable, but it’s definitely something to be applauded for.

But in the end there were two selected; The winner of CDDC3 is HUCKLEBERRY JACKSON!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON A FABULOUS JOB!!!  And for also snagging the Photo Contest Win! Our Grand Prize: Winner's designs will once again be featured in an upcoming issue of FDQ Magazine. From Couture Doll Shops he will receive a six month rent free shop on Couture Doll Shops site, this will also include shop set up/website (if the winner does not already have a site).   And, from the Tonner Doll Company,  a Galadriel doll will be given.

 Second Place goes to Elena Peredreeva(Tselisheva).

CONGRATULATIONS ON A WONDERFUL JOB!!  For her efforts she will receive the beautiful Arwen Evenstar rom Tonner Doll Company.

Now all we need to do is sit back, relax, and wait for the next CDDC.  Surely there will be another, don't you think?  I for one vote an overwhelming, YES!!  Bye for now and enjoy your summer - stay in, be cool, and play with your dolls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment